The Law Office of Harvey J. Kulawitz, Esq., LLC has extensive experience helping families of children who were injured at school, in daycare, on the playground, or at summer camp. As we only handle accident cases, we understand the medical, financial & emotional hardship caused by a serious injury to a child.
Common Causes of School, Daycare, Playground & Camp Accidents
- Poor (or no) supervision over toddlers, children or campers.
- Inattentiveness of person in charge; inadequate staff training.
- Equipment failure.
- Failure to regularly inspect, repair or replace damaged or broken equipment.
- Falls from playground equipment.
- Excessive “fall height” – the vertical distance from play surface to fall surface.
- Inadequate (if any) fall surface protection, (rubber mats or other safety material).
Most dangerous playground equipment
- Monkey bars
- Free ropes
Injuries Caused by playground accidents
- Broken bones – fractures.
- Internal injuries.
- Brain injuries – concussions & TBI’s.
- Spinal cord & disc injuries – herniations.
- Lacerations, bruises & contusions.
- Head injuries, including to the eyes, vision & hearing.
- Cervical, neck & shoulder injuries — to muscles, tendons & ligaments.
If a child you know was injured at school, at daycare, on the playground or at camp, we can help to recover money damages for their medical expenses & their injuries.