The Law Office of Harvey J. Kulawitz, Esq., LLC has extensive experience helping people injured in truck accidents. As we only handle accident cases, we understand the financial & medical hardships that a serious truck accident can have on a person and their family.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Driver fatigue.
- Driver inattentiveness.
- Excessive speed.
- Rush to make scheduled deliveries.
- Drug use to attempt to keep alert, though exhausted.
- Equipment failure – bald tires; failed or malfunctioning brakes; poor maintenance.
- “Wheel-offs” – Loose wheels flying off a moving truck.
- Improper loading & weight imbalance – causing loss of control over trailer.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Because of the speed, weight, force and velocity involved in truck and tractor-trailer crashes, serious injuries often result, like:
- Broken bones – fractures.
- Brain injuries – TBI’s, concussions, amnesia.
- Spinal cord & disc injuries – herniations.
- Lacerations, bruising & contusions.
- Head injuries, including to the eyes, vision & hearing.
- Cervical, neck & shoulder injuries — to muscles, tendons & ligaments.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck or tractor-trailer crash, we will help you recover money damages for:
- Pain and suffering – for your physical injuries.
- Lost earnings – including future financial losses.
- Medical expenses – including future medical expenses.
- Emotional distress.